The Key Initiative Muse « Risk and vectors » (KIM RIVE, University of Montpellier), is organizing again this year a summer school “Biodiversity & Vectors” from 20 to 23 September 2022 at the Tour du Valat.
The links between biodiversity and the vectors of human and animal pathogens, as well as plant pathogens, are still largely unknown. Moreover, plant health often remains on the periphery of the “One Health” approaches implemented. This summer school will take a cross-sectional look at the three systems, human/animal/plant, with particular emphasis this year on the diversity of transmission (vector competence, transmission strategies, symbionts).
These are the areas that will be addressed during this summer school. This year, field activities will be prioritized.
- The participation of doctoral students or post-doctoral students will be privileged, but the event is open to any researcher, engineer or professional working in connection with the theme.
- The call is open to international students, no geographical restrictions apply but the summer school will be held in French, with some exceptions. Be careful to meet the requirements for entry into France (Visa), very early. KIM RIVE can provide a letter of invitation.
- A request for funding to travel to Montpellier can be considered for non-local candidates. If you wish to benefit from such assistance, please justify your request in a few lines by explaining the adequacy/relevance of your work/sector of activity with the summer school program.
Applicants must commit to attending the entire summer school.
Accommodation, transportation and catering
The costs of accommodation, food and transport (trips from Montpellier to the place of accommodation to La Tour du Valat) will be financed by KIM RIVE.
Participants will be accommodated in bungalows at the Bois Flottés campsite, in the heart of the Camargue.
Transportation costs to Montpellier are not covered.
The organizing committee will select 20 participants based on the relevance of the application to the objectives of the summer school theme and on the diversity of the participants.
- Opening of the call for applications: June 16, 2022
- Closing date for applications: July 14, 2022 (midnight)
- Selection results: July 20, 2022