The MAVA Foundation supports conservation that benefits people and nature through Programmes and Outcome Action Plans (OAPs). In the Mediterranean, partners from the OAPs M1-M2 Partnership – Ensuring integrated management of river basins and M3 – Enhancing the conservation of coastal wetlands are joining efforts to secure funding to enable partners to continue their work after 2022 when the MAVA Foundation will cease all grant making.
Purpose of the role
We are seeking to hire a fundraising consultant to help us shape a Fundraising Strategy and boost the fundraising capacity of our Partnerships. The Fundraiser will have responsibility for identifying potential fundraising sources, articulating the case for support based on the Partnership’s experience and its portfolio of projects, and strengthening partners appeal and relationships with relevant donors. The goal of the fundraiser is to develop and articulate short- and long-term fundraising plans that the partnership will implement.
The role will focus on building an effective pipeline of proposals focused on integrated river management and coastal wetlands in the target region with a clear strategy as how to access key prospects. The work will include the following: developing a fundraising strategy, identify funding opportunities, facilitate donor engagement and assist in developing overarching and project specific fundraising materials.
- Develop and elaborate a 5-year fundraising strategy for the two partnerships to fund partnership led actions as well as a portfolio of work building on the current set of projects.
- Coordinate the collation of a portfolio of priority project concepts that illustrate the work of the partnership and their future collaboration with other networks and alliances such as the Mediterranean Alliance for Wetlands. Facilitate engagement with potential donors by helping match potential donors with suitable projects and by identifying networking opportunities.
- Advise the partnership about the priorities and funding approaches of key fundraising prospects, including sustainable financing mechanisms.
- Support the staging of one or more fundraising/cultivation events in collaboration with the partnerships (which may be face to face and online) to attract the interested donors.
- A fundraising strategy for at least 5 years with suitable funding opportunities/grants/financing with details on requirements and restrictions, target groups and areas of interest.
- An overarching Case for Support and a Project Portfolio, along with information about the partnership organisations delivered in a format that can be adapted by partners and that is appealing to funders.
- Potential sponsors/donors mapping and advise on how to effectively reach them.
- Deliver an internal, interactive webinar to present and discuss the fundraising strategy to the partners.
- Relevant education to a minimum of Masters level in relevant field.
- Relevant experience in fundraising, resource development and relationship management.
- Demonstrated successful experience in acquiring sizeable funds from different donor communities, such as trusts, foundations, governmental agencies, corporate companies, and relevant EU institutions.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a facilitative and service-oriented style.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with fluency in English. Any other Mediterranean language is a plus.
- Excellent written communication skills, including proposal-writing, the ability to write succinctly, persuasively and accurately.
- Desk top publishing / design experience is a plus.
- Good presentation skills to donors and NGOs.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and provide deliverables.
- Experience of fundraising for a relevant topic and/or geographical area.
- Ability to work across cultures.
Expected milestones/deliverables and timings
The consultant will conduct a desk-based assessment work and is expected to make deliverables as follows:
The consultant will be working closely with the coordinators of the OAPs M1/M2 and M3, Teresa Zuna and Lorena Segura and partners organisations of the partnerships.
Outside the Partnerships: government agencies, international organizations, companies, wetland experts, donors, NGOs, and the extended network of partners.
Submission of proposals
Candidates should send the technical & financial (in EURO) proposals, including the following documents:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae of Expert(s) involved including examples of similar work done before;
- Proposal for implementing the assignment including detailed costing by deliverable;
- Financial offer to work during 35 days with a daily rate.
Tenders must be submitted in electronic form to the following address:
[email protected] and [email protected] with the subject “Fundraiser Wetland Partnerships”. Proposals arriving after the date and time set out in these consultations will not be accepted. Your proposal must be received no later than 17:00 (CET) on the 5 July 2021.
Successful as well as unsuccessful bidders will be informed by e-mail as soon as possible after the submission date.
Tour du Valat
Wetlands International European Association