Theme: Wetland Dynamics and Water Management
Contact info: e-mail | Ph. +33 (0)4 90 97 63 77
Joined our team: January 2011
Research interests and expertise
I am a versatile naturalist, with expertise in entomology (beetles and flies), ichthyology, herpetology, and aquatic invertebrates.
DESS (Master of Advanced Studies) Coastal Mediterranean Ecosystems
- Adaptive management of the ponds and marshes on the former Camargue saltworks site
- Impact of mosquito control in the Camargue
- Fish communities in the Camargue
- Water Framework Directive (WFD) monitoring campaign covering oligo-mesohaline lagoons (average salinity <18)
- FEDER “Halmifolia (Ludwigia spp.) control in the Vigueirat Canal,” 2013-2015.
- Studies on the Red Swamp Crayfish (Procambarus clarkii) in the Camargue, 2011.
Find below the most recent publications of Samuel Hilaire, or see the full list on the Tour du Valat’s documentary web portal:
- The Settlement of Glossy Ibis in Francede Jocelyn Champagnon, Yves Kayser, Jérémiah Petit, Loïc Marion, Sebastien Reeber, Thomas Blanchon, Samuel Hilaire, Irene Badone, Pierre Crouzier, Regis Purenne, et al. In SIS Conservation, 1 (December, 2019), 50-55 En ligne : storkibisspoonbill.org[...] The Glossy Ibis Plegadis falcinellus was very rarely breeding in France until its settlement ... read more
- Increasing crop heterogeneity enhances multitrophic diversity across agricultural regionsde Clelia Sirami, Nicolas Gross, Aliette Bosem Baillod, Colette Bertrand, Romain Carrié, Annika Hass, Laura Henckel, Paul Miguet, Carole Vuillot, Audrey Alignier, et al. In Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 116:33 (2019-08-13), 16442-16447 En ligne : www.pnas.org[...] Agricultural landscape homogenization has detrimental effects on biodiversity and ... read more
- Mosquito Traps: An Innovative, Environmentally Friendly Technique to Control Mosquitoesde Brigitte Poulin, Gaëtan Lefebvre, Camille Muranyi-Kovacs, Samuel Hilaire In International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 14:3 (2017-03-18), 313 En ligne : www.mdpi.com[...] We tested the use of mosquito traps as an alternative to spraying insecticide in Camargue (France) following the significant impacts observed on the ... read more
- Egg hatching phenology and success of Lestes macrostigma in two temporary brackish pondsde Philippe Lambret, Samuel Hilaire, Robby Stoks In International Journal of Odonatology (2017), 1–12 En ligne : www.tandfonline.com[...] Although a full life cycle approach is optimally needed to make conservation decisions, the egg stage is often neglected for insect species of special conservation interest. Water management and related ... read more
- Temporary pond ecosystem functioning shifts mediated by the exotic red swamp crayfish (Procambarus clarkii): a mesocosm studyde Héctor Rodríguez-pérez, Samuel Hilaire, François Mesléard In Hydrobiologia, 767:1 (March 2016), 333-345 En ligne : link.springer.com[...] Temporary ponds, acknowledged for their conservation value, are colonized by the invasive crayfish Procambarus clarkii. We have tested the consequences of this colonization for the ecosystem under two contrasted scenarios: one ... read more
- Recensement des chevêches d’Athéna Athene noctua dans la plaine du Trébon (Bouches-du-Rhône) (2008)de N. Vincent-martin, Antoine Arnaud, Samuel Hilaire 2008 ... read more
- Distribution and reproduction of Procarambus clarkii in relation to water management, salinity and habitat type in the Camargue (2013)de E. Meineri, H. Rodriguez-perez, Samuel Hilaire, François Mesléard 2013 ... read more
- Is the exotic red swamp crayfish (Procambarus clarkii) a current threat for the Mediterranean tree frog (Hyla meridionalis) in the Camargue Southern France)? (2013)de H. Rodriguez-perez, H. Cayuela, Samuel Hilaire, Anthony Olivier, François Mesléard 2013 ... read more