Estimating long-term biodiversity trends in the Camargue
In the first phase of this project, data were gathered for different taxonomic groups in the Camargue in collaboration with subject-matter experts. The next phase in the project analysed changes in biodiversity compared to the trends in species richness and their abundance.
The approach we have adopted is based on the utilisation of expert knowledge for monitoring the evolution of biodiversity in the Camargue.
A scientific article based on this study has been be published in the PLos One journal, in which expert knowledge has been used to reconstruct the changes in biodiversity that occurred in the Camargue from 1970 to 2010 (read more).
A colloquium in French was also organised at the Tour du Valat in February 2018 (see video below).
- Project leaders: Ilse Geijzendorffer and Thomas Galewski
- Staff involved: Sara Fraixedas and Sofia Ribeiro-Lopes.
- Dates of the project: 2017-2018
- Wetlands International
- Fondation MAVA
- Helsinki Institute of Sustainability Science (HELSUS)
- Fondation Prince Albert 2 de Monaco
- Fondation Total
- Ministère de la Transition écologique et solidaire