As an ambassador you will help to spread the message about the importance and value these wetlands fulfil.
Your general mission
Tour du Valat, a research institute based in the Camargue, is looking for a volunteer ambassador for the Observatory of Mediterranean Wetlands to help the institute’s mission to conserve Mediterranean wetlands.
Your particular mission
The ambassador will participate in the general activities of the observatory, which aims to analyse the state and trends of Mediterranean wetlands, their biodiversity, the goods and services they provide, the environmental factors that explain these trends, as well as to promote effective decision-making for the protection, restoration and sustainable use of wetlands
By joining the team, among other things you will participate in the following:
- Reflecting on and developing indicators for monitoring wetlands and their biodiversity
- The production of bibliographical summaries on certain key subjects for the Observatory
- The support of the network of partners in the Mediterranean
- Preparing awareness events for the general public and decision makers
- Opportunities to participate in field activities carried out by other teams
You will also have the opportunity to participate in the World Conservation Congress of the International Union for the Conservation of Nature, which will be held in Marseille from January 7-15 2021.
More generally, the volunteer will take part in the various activities of the Tour du Valat (bird ringing, vegetation and fish monitoring) and collective workcamps.
To apply, you must:
- Have a motivation for ecology
- Love teamwork
- Have good interpersonal and listening skills
- Be autonomous, rigorous and know how to adapt
- Speak French fluently
- Location: Tour du Valat, Institut de recherche pour la conservation des zones humides méditerranéennes, Le Sambuc – 13200 Arles – France
- Duration : 8 months
- Start of the appointment: 1 September 2020
- Hours: 35 per week
- Compensation: according to civic service regulations
- Possibility for on-site shared accommodation (66.7 euros per month), catering for Lunch (3 euros per meal)
- Living in a shared flat far from bars and supermarkets, but at the heart of an exceptional natural area.
How to apply
- Deadline for applications: 20 August 2020
- CV and motivation letter through Civic Service website.