Discovering the Tour du Valat
To visit us:
For the general public, the Tour du Valat is open on two occasions each year:
- On World Wetlands Day, usually the first Sunday in February, the Tour du Valat opens its doors and hosts talks, video presentations, and guided tours of the estate.
If you would like to receive the programme of forthcoming open days
- During the Festival of the Rhône Delta and the Camargue, which takes place in the first week of May, the Tour du Valat organises visits to the estate and takes part in conferences.
If you would like to receive the Tour du Valat's programme of activities organised as part of this festival
To see the whole festival programme faire lien vers www.festival-camargue-deltadurhone.camargue.fr
For the rest of the year the Tour du Valat, a research centre for the conservation of Mediterranean wetlands, is not open to the public.
For teachers, lecturers, and the educational sector
The Tour du Valat is unable to accept school groups, but it works together with a number of organisations in the Camargue that are able to receive such groups:
- Marais du Vigueirat
Discovery trail, guided visits, carriage rides, and activities for schoolchildren.
Mas-Thibert, Arles, 04 90 97 00 97
- Parc Ornithologique, Pont de gau
At this bird park walks are combined with finding out about birds.
Pont de Gau, Les Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer 04 90 97 82 62
- La Capelière
Nature information, displays, routes for walkers and cyclists, hides.
Réserve de Camargue, Arles, 04 90 97 00 97
- Le Palissade Estate
Visit this outstanding site, protected by the Conservatoire du Littoral
BP5, Salin de Giraud, 04 42 86 81 28
- The Camargue Regional Natural Park, information centre
Views across the marshes, displays; groups welcome by appointment. Open all year.
Les Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer, 04 90 97 86 32
- The Centre Charnier-scamandre
Discovering the natural and human heritage of the Camargue gardoise
Route des Iscles, Gallician, Vauvert, 04 66 73 52 05
- Maison du cheval Camargue,
Publicising and promoting the raising of Camargue horses by means of guided visits
Mas de la Cure, Les Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer, 04 90 97 58 47
- La Sigoulette,
Discovery trips, visits for agricultural schools, holidays, riding lessons
Mas du Ménage, Les Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer, 04 90 97 50 49